Job Title: WASH Deputy Program Manager
Company: Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Location: Borno, Yobe, Nigeria
Job Field: Engineering / Technical Medical / Health
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The WASH Deputy Program Manager (DPM), following the direction of the WASH Program Manager, is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The WASH DPM ensures the WASH team complete the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligationsThis position is a support position to the WASH Program Manager.
• Support the WASH manager for smooth implementation of integrated AAH-USA WASH projects.
• Support the WASH project manager to the identification & formulation of WASH projects, and AAH Nigeria mission strategy.
• Support the project manager in developing proper Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of projects.
• Staff management and capacity building.
• To actively participate in external coordination within the WASH sector at the LGA and state level, as well as national level as required.
• Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication.
• Engineering or Public Health Degree (Bachelor level or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
• Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years relevant working experience, in a WaSH management/supervisory capacity.
• Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight.
• Commitment to upholding ACF’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context.
• Experience managing a team of staff
Apply to this job