Jemi Neil Consulting - Our client, a reputable Construction company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Procurement Officer
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Technical Procurement Officer.
- He/she will be responsible for processing purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, capital goods, and services for the company's plant & equipment unit without compromising quality and safety.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process purchase requisitions from sites and office workshop
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials and equipment at the lowest possible cost
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on capacity and other criteria
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers
- Processes the necessary retirement/clearance documents within 72hours after completion of transaction
- Locate vendors of spare parts and Equipment and interview them in order to determine products availability and terms of sales
- Carries out all necessary procurement activities
- Verifies that the required order value is within the agreed budget
- Coordinates with the Dispatch Officer when processing small orders
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department within 72hours after completion of transaction
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Submit regular reports of market survey and weekly reports on pending requests per site to Head, Supply Chain Management
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Perform any other duty as directed by Head, Supply Chain Management