Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone(Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states) We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions. In order to enable us continue providing excellent customer service, and so we can build a world class electricity distribution company, we have partnered with one of the world’s most reputable electricity distribution companies with over 100 years of experience: the Manila Electricity Company (MERALCO) from the Republic of the Philippines. We are presently in the process of re-engineering the company to international standards by introducing the latest technology, innovative customer initiatives and a compelling employee value proposition. IBEDC is investing in excellence, if we are to meet our goals, we need your help. We need you to join us in the following rewarding and challenging career opportunity.
Job Title: Technical Engineer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To provide solutions when the network, technical equipment/infrastructure breaks down or are no longer functioning efficiently.
- Coordinates the activities of the technical crew in carrying out technical. operations at the Business Hub to ensure a high degree of reliability/availability of the network (maintenance, refurbishment, modifications, and construction, installations, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Ensures all technical equipment is functioning properly within safety margins.
- Responds to customer complaints relating to the network / technical aspects - investigates root cause of problems and initiates corrective actions to rectify problems.
- Ensures all field activities are carried out according to safety standards.
- Escalates equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect electricity supply which cannot be resolved at the Business Hub level
- Prepares reports on technical activities as required
- Supervises contractors and ensures that all activities conform to company quality policies and procedures and accepted technical standards.