Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Technical Director for an upcoming, five-year USAID-funded health workforce management project in Nigeria. The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
- Provide technical leadership and strategy for the strengthening of human resources for health (HRH) management systems, including: improving the development and implementation of state/local government area HRH plans; improving health workforce management; effectively utilizing HRH; strengthening academic health institutions; and advocating for an enabling HRH policy environment.
- Identify best practices in workforce performance management systems that improve productivity and retention of health staff.
- Support the integration and scaling up of best practices in workforce management.
- Oversee improvements to in-service training system and performance by supporting the Government of Nigeria in its stewardship role.
- Maintain strong results focus with partners, and provide regular technical input into, and support for, the implementation of work-plans.
- Ensure project activities are in compliance with all award conditions, and state-specific special provisions.