Cedarcrest Hospitals is a modern specialist medical care center located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria.With an aim to provide high standard healthcare services.
Job Title: Stock / Inventory Officer
Job Code: #F00003
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance of the hospital’s Lagos' branch physical and virtual store which includes but is not limited to stocking of operational materials and consumables, inventory control and records, purchasing, processing the payment for vendors, and related duties as required.
- Duties will also include receiving and dispatching goods to various branches as well as tracking and maintaining stocks levels and inventory.
- The stock/inventory control officer will play a key role in the proper care and maintenance of stock, including ordering, receiving, storing, accounting for, and distributing to user departments/units.
- The incumbent will also coordinate supply chain procedures and act as a liaison between vendors, clients and internal teams
- Responsible for maintaining inventory records and preparing balance and shortages reports.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, accounting for, and distributing to user department/users.
- Monitors reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock.
- Reconciles discrepancies in inventories and escalates all irregularities.
- Responsible for tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits, and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing.
- Uploads invoices on Odoo and create an invoice on Odoo for all Purchase Order raised.
- Keeps track of inventory records and making sure that it is accurate.
- Ensure that optimum levels of inventory are maintained and that it is at par with Cedarcrest Hospital standards.
- Develops strategies to optimize profitability.
- Ensure high levels of satisfaction by the user department.
- Completes store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain outstanding store conditions and visual merchandising standards.
- Address all issues that arise from user departments or patients.
- Processes purchasing orders on Odoo, create invoices, tracks orders and investigate problems.
- Records purchases, the outflow of stock, performs a physical count of inventory and reconciles actual stock count to generate weekly/monthly stocktake report.
- Labels shelves appropriately.
- Oversee the storage of products and drugs.
- Take into consideration the expiry date of drugs to prevent wastage.
- Evaluates suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals.
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock.
- Liaise with the purchasing officer in Abuja to register a new supplier on Odoo.
- Enter purchase details (vendor's information, invoices, and pricing) into internal databases.
- Liaise with the user department to test the product's quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions).
- Keeps record of updated inventory records (including daily shipments).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.