Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is a modular, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments from just $0.11 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 500,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 2,500,000 people.
Fenix International is recruiting for
Job Title: State Sales Manager
Locations: Oyo & Ogun
- At Fenix, one of our core values is to think big and make things happen. As the State Sales Manager at Fenix, you will embody this value.
- Think Big: Grounded in our mission to bring life-changing solar energy and financial services to millions of people across Nigeria, you will design and implement scalable sales and customer credit strategies, building on success and growth to date. You will use our unique data sets of sales patterns, customer demographics, and customer repayment behavior to create and refine a portfolio of data-driven strategic sales and customer repayment initiatives tailored for this large and underserved consumer base in emerging markets.
- Furthermore, you will contribute significantly to Fenix’s strategic planning process at the regional level.
- The lessons you learn in your state will be applied to new markets/regions as we scale across Nigeria
- Make Things Happen: You will be responsible for the implementation and success of our sales and customer credit strategy in the state you preside over. You and your team will recruit, train, manage and retain a highly motivated team of full-time Team Leads and Fenix Power Champions that will ultimately deliver on our vision of expanding our base of high-quality customers and electrifying millions of households by 2020.
- Acquire new customers and increase repeat sales for our most creditworthy existing customers
- Continuously refine and iterate on our regional sales strategy that aims to reach millions of customers in need of ReadyPay Power by 2020, both by acquiring new customers and increasing repeat sales to existing customers.
- Test, validate, and refine Fenix Nigeria’s strategic sales and marketing initiatives based on analysis of our unique data set and field-based insights, in order to amplify our sales model to drive new customer acquisition. Continuously improve customer repayment.
- Develop a commercial strategy that optimizes customer lifetime value (CLV) through increasing new sales, improving loan performance, and growing active customers and repeat sales.
- Use our unique data set as well as insights derived from the field to refine and iterate on our customer retention strategy, in order to improve payment velocity, repayment rates and repeat sales.
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders.
- Support in creating and maintaining relationships with current and potential commercial partners.
- Create and own relationship management of key stakeholders within the sales process, especially with distribution partners (if any).
- Identify and assess additional sales channels to expand sales coverage across your state, including distributors, corporation and NGO partners.
- Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and customer repayment. Live and communicate Fenix’s mission to improve the quality of life of our customers.
- Uphold and help continually build the Fenix culture which always embraces Fenix’s vision and values and always puts the customer’s experience first.
- Build upon, support, and provide exceptional leadership to the Team Leads and Fenix Power Champions, including testing and setting compensation, targets, and incentive structures.
- Oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing management of sales, marketing, and customer repayment teams in your state.
- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings, retaining high performing team members, and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team members.
Competitive Salary & Benefits