Job Title: Sourcing Manager – Operations
Job Number: 4084BR
Location/City: Ibadan, Nigeria
Appointment type: Permanent
Employer: British American Tobacco Nigeria Limited (BAT Nigeria)
Parent Company: British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited
Job purpose and key deliverables:
Purpose of the Job: – Develop and monitor implementation of strategic procurement plans for the sourcing of Indirects goods and services for the factory environment (Ibadan, Iseyin & Zaria) in BAT Nigeria. Ensure flexibility of supplies, appropriate quality and complexity reduction at the best total cost. – Responsible for the execution of End market category “Sourcing to Contract” specifically:
1. Source to contract (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract)
2. Spend and compliance reporting
3. Commercial risk management
4. Contract Management
• Responsible for the development and execution of sourcing plans for Indirects goods and services in the factory environment of BAT Nigeria (Ibadan, BATIA & Zaria) with final implementation of contracts.
• To ensure the category sourcing and contracts for Indirects goods and services in the factory environment of BAT Nigeria (Ibadan, BATIA & Zaria) meets the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
• To adhere to applicable policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
• Support the Above Market team on all projects.
• Update all report platforms (FISP, IBTT, SCTT etc) as required by the business
• Analyse financial and market data, to build and maintain knowledge on all aspects of our supply related external environment, on behalf of the business.
• To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
• Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate
• To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets.
• Identifying and managing the risk which exists whenever goods and services are contracted out to suppliers and service providers.
• Ensure full cross-functional commitment to strategies through communication, education and evaluation of initiatives.
• To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Procurement Business Manager – Operations
• To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
• To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA ’s and performance check-points.
• Management of multi-functional teams and high level of project management skills.
• Maintain high level of internal customer satisfaction with all stakeholders
• To strive for continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers, managing resource and actions from other functions into this process to deliver quality enhancement and smart spend management.
• University degree level education or equivalent of HND from recognized institutions of higher Learning
• CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or MBA would be an advantage
• 3-5 years thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities, competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
• Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
• Proficient in supplier assessment processes that are used to develop supplier improvement plans Detailed understanding of e-commerce tools (such as e-Sourcing, etc.) to enhance and sustain the Indirect Procurement processes
• Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
• Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
• Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective contracts
• High level of commercial awareness.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships.
• A focus on quality service delivery at the best total value.
• SAP MM and MS Excel
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
Apply to this job