Job Title: Senior Petrophysicist
Job Number: 140510
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent
Job Schedule: Full Time
Job Category: Development
Career Level: Senior(non-manager)
Level of Education: Graduate
Years of Experience: 10
Employer: Addax Petroleum Nigeria Limited – APNL (a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group)
• Ensures that the Asset team petrophysical activities are performed safely, timely and on budget.
• Provides operational and study petrophysical support to the Asset teams.
• Contributes to a consistent G&G Data Management strategy and deployment across ADDAX, including contributions to relevant asset teams and projects.
• Supervises, mentors, motivates and competently develops junior staff.
• Ensures adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to petrophysical activities (radioactive sources etc.).
1) Performs/supervises and documents petrophysical studies as part of the reservoir and field reviews.
2) Performs and documents in Petrophysical Note for Files ‘first pass’ log interpretation for APDNL and APS teams during drilling operations and reconcile interpretation with APS.
3) Participates in formation evaluation contract strategy and contract bids to ensure the most cost effective and technically sound approach is adopted.
4) Provides technical / operational advice while drilling, whilst maintaining up-to-date well progress data.
5) Participates in Operational Duties outside office hours.
• QC and load digital log data to Geographix.
• Establish impact of environmental corrections on acquired logs.
• Determine petrophysical evaluation parameters using all available data.
• Prepare code and perform the final petrophysical well evaluations.
• Display petrophysical results as required (e.g. depth plots, crossplots, histograms etc).
7) Database management:
• Applies rigorous data management procedures.
• Primarily responsible for G&G data base architecture, project management, data integrity, maintenance and accessibility.
• Facilitate and advise APDNL’s Asset teams in Data Management best practices. In conjunction with the Asset teams, develop and maintain guidelines for Data Management and promote the application of these guidelines.
• Together with the IT department in APDNL ensure an adequate, fit-for-purpose infrastructure environment for Data Management.
• Manage, maintain and ensure integrity and update of APDNL’s G&G digital / analog data store.
• Act as the prime responsible facilitator/coordinator for arranging and managing smooth and timely data transfers between APDL, APEL, and APS.
Apply to this job