Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields. Our success is built on over 40 years of rich history. Our extensive field experience, combined with the broad competencies of our specialists and a worldwide global presence, has allowed SPIE Oil & Gas Services to be what we are today: a major player in the supply of technical expertise for the Oil & Gas industry. We are considered by many of our customers to be "Expert Hands”, which reflects the technical knowledge and involvement of our teams across all phases of our customer’s assets lifecycle.
Job Title: Senior Crane & Marine Equipment Engineer H / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- We are actively looking for a Senior Crane & Marine Equipment Engineer to join the team of one of it key account project.
- To ensure cranes and marine equipment reliability and availability according to safety standards.
- To ensure operational engineering processes, inspection and maintenance are efficiently carried out in strict compliance with safety policies and procedures on all lifting and marine equipment.
- To ensure lifting and marine equipment support, as technical authority to the JV field operations, is in accordance to Company rules and statutory regulation.
- To analyse mechanical maintenance activities and lifting/marine equipment performance from the technical and economic perspective and take action necessary to achieve company set objectives regarding efficiency, cost optimization and savings.
- To prepare all methods support and implementation of practice documents regarding preventive maintenance, inspections and testing to be performed on fleet cranes based on recognized best practice and applicable regulations.
- To prepare and develop specifications for new cranes and lifting equipment based on recognized international standards.
- Co-ordinate planned crane maintenance activities fleet-wide.
- Manage specialized crane maintenance vendors interventions and contracts (BLM, Hydralift, Aero, Sparrow, Mape) within SMC frame agreements (including technical scope of work) where applicable.
- Ensure the implementation and assurance of Company integrity management system compliance.
- Liaise with classification societies/third party design offices where applicable.
- Support JV asset installations for all related crane issues (specifically for new cranes, specification for upgrades and heavy lift works on cranes).
- Liaise with crane manufacturers when required.
- Participate in and/or lead investigations for all crane related incidents across the fleet.
- Interface with JV asset HSEQ Department for all crane related issues.
- Liaise with JV asset staffing regarding all related training issues and certification for crane operators. Supervision, until completion, of 5-years major overhauls in all JV asset installations cranes.
- Follow spare parts stocks with Warehouse and Procurement.
- For all cranes, Winches (Food, Turbines, boat, etc.) & Work boat, Survival Craft, Lifeboat, life rafts, davits: o Review/Produce Maintenance Plan as per Vendor recommendations. o Review/Correct/Create corrected BOMs in SAP, establish MRP parameters.
- Ensure equipment are certified by third parties.
- To assist sites with routine troubleshooting, local emergency procurements.
- To assist Procurement Department with clarifications.
- To coach and train junior engineers in all aspect related to the maintenance of lifting and marine equipment.