StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: School Caregiver
(Job Ref: S-CG-TN)
Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seeks the services of an experienced caregiver for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
The ideal candidate will be tasked to work with children aged 0-5; caring and supervising the children who need assistance in their daily activities. The job holder will be required to provide services in a friendly manner and in a way that they will help in the overall development or welfare of children in their care.
- Assist in the proper implementation of child care and development.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with the children in his/her care.
- Treat all children with care and compassion; upholding all safety standards.
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and orderly classroom.
- Prepare nutritional food choices for children and encourage them to try new things.
- Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
- Supervise the development of the child and other changes that may arise from different caregiving processes.
- Know the proper program that will work for a specific child depending on his or her needs, interest, and wants.
- Help in the preparation of the environment where child care will be given.
- Respect and fondness for children.
- Being patient in taking care of children.
- Ability to let children understand why they need to do specific things.
- Exceptional patience and ability to remain calm at all times.
- Knowledge and experience working with small infants and children.
- Knowledge of safety issues concerning infants and children.
- Ability to be flexible with infant/child routines.
- Ability to react and move quickly.
- Be able to read stories to the children.
- Excellent listening skills and an engaging demeanor.
- Creativity, compassion, and professionalism are a must.
- Fun and enthusiastic attitude.
- Willing to sing, dance with the children.
- Knowledge of first aid processes and emergency responses.