AB InBev is the world's leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Controller
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Opportunities exist for highly skilled and result driven Safety Controller in our Plant located in South-South Nigeria.
- The successful incumbent is to provide support to operational and line management to ensure the functioning of a comprehensive and professional Occupational Health and Safety System.
- Ensuring compliance to Safety systems, standards and work practices to achieve targets set for the VPO Safety Pillar and Safety KPI’s.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Safety Controller will;
- Ensure compliance to the applicable Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensure safe workplace, drive and support safe work practices in the plant.
- Monitor and advice on Safety VPO Pillar performance in the plant.
- Ensure workplace hazards are identified and communicated to all staff.
- Support and facilitate safety improvement interventions across the plant.
- Promote awareness of occupational safety and the VPO Safety programme.
- Conduct audits and reviews related to the VPO Safety Pillar and legal compliance.
- Conduct investigations into incidents together with line managers identifying root cause and proposing both corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintain documentation such as SOP’s, policies and procedures as related to safety.
- Identify safety and legal training needs and conduct training where required.
- Ensure induction of both employees and contractors take place in accordance with standards.
- Drive closure of investigations, safety gaps and legal compliance in the plant.
- Assist in the investigation selected insurance claims in the plant.
- Ensure the site is adequately secured and the contracted security provider complies with standards.