Job Title: Research Supervisor (1 Year renewable contract)
Employer: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Research Supervisor.
Position / Responsibilities:
• Assist set up and conduct field experiments and demonstrations including all aspects of data collection
• Maintain standard operating procedures.
• Supervise and lead harvest teams specializing in accurate sampling
• Organize and supervise general field activities
• Assist in distribution of labour and allocation of daily responsibilities
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Agronomist.
Minimum Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• B.Sc/HND in Crop Production, General Agriculture, Horticulture or related discipline from a reputable institution
• Minimum experience of 3 years in a similar position
• Basic knowledge of crop management operations
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Team player
• Proficient in speaking, reading local language of the geographical area in which he/she is posted in order to communicate with farmers
Remuneration: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Apply to this job