Nextier Capital Limited was established in 2011 as an investment and multi-competency advisory firm focusing on agriculture, petroleum, and power. It provides a full range of services in policy design, strategy consulting, performance management, and research.
Job Title: Research & Policy Analyst
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Research & Policy Analyst. The Analyst will work within a team of other analysts and consultants within the firm to achieve business or organizational target.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will work to support Nextier Power in the planning, designing, and implementing of energy policies related to various aspects of the power sector and in generating bankable projects by providing technical support that includes drafting proposals and undertaking sector assessments and applied research on good practices and experiences, participating in knowledge sharing programs, and refining and solidifying Nextier’s service offerings in the power sector.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools as well as the synthesis of cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and private sector to mobilize financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes targeted to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Editor for the Weekly newspaper series on critical issues in the power sector.
- Manage, coordinate and organise the Monthly discuss on matters which are critical to economic growth.
- Organise power sector specific radio programmes, roundtables and customer engagement workshops.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in the programme using strategic tools.
- Develop concept notes on Greenfield policies and programs.
- Developing policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proof reading of articles and briefs.
- Developing any other document as instructed by the senior leadership
- Lookout for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Stakeholder relations to understand the market operated in and assisting Nextier to consolidate shares within the market with a target of expansion.
- Interface with other sector operators and participants for exchange of ideas and information.
- Read books, journals and materials in sector to stay updated and relevant.
- Research on industry aspects as the need arises.
- Research on innovations and opportunities for expansion and implementation within the industry.
- Provide support in any other capacity required.