Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiography Technician
Ref No: RTJ00001
Location: Jebba, Niger State
- Reporting to the head of Unit Radiology, You will be responsible for explaining procedures to patients, positioning patients and equipment, performing examinations, developing film, maintaining and operating specialized radiologic equipment.
- The incumbent will use medical imaging equipment to produce images of tissues, organs, bones, and vessels and, with advanced training, assisting in the administration of radiation therapy treatments.
- The Radiology Technician will be responsible for ensuring patients' safety by covering any areas not being imaged to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation. As a Radiography Technician, you’ll examine various types of images, including x-rays, computer tomography (CT) scans, mammograms, ultrasounds, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. You will operate the machinery used to collect these images.
- Completing the patients' intake process, taking patients' histories, and preparing and educating patients about the imaging procedure.
- Reviewing patients' charts and Doctors' notes before the examination, and maintaining patients' records during and after procedures.
- Preparing radiopharmaceuticals for contrast in the diagnostic images.
- Positioning patients and equipment to capture the correct area and produce clear images.
- Monitoring patients and ensuring their safety during imaging procedures.
- Calibrating the equipment to ensure clear, usable images are taken of the correct area, as specified by the Doctor.
- Logging and organizing image results, developing film, assisting with the interpretation of the radiograph results, and consulting with Radiologists to determine if other images need to be taken.
- Ensuring the proper sterilization and storage of the equipment, maintaining radiographic equipment, and reporting any equipment failures.
- Coordinating with the radiology department to schedule and complete radiographic procedures.
- Using sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body
- Administering trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current radiology practices.