Jemi Neil Consulting - Our client, a reputable Construction company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- Our client seeks to engage the services of a Quantity Surveyor. The QS prepare estimates, costs and valuation of work done per project
- He/She is responsible in managing the cost profile relating to building and civil engineering projects
- QS minimizes the costs of projects and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertake costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Advise on procurement strategy.
- Identify, analyze and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Prepare and analyze costings for tenders.
- Provide insight on contractual claims.
- Analyze outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Value completed work and liaise with the Finance to arrange payments.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Provide insight and advise on maintenance costs of specific buildings.
- Carry out frequent studies and reference on other project cases to solve any problems that occur in the field.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Head, Commercial.