Job Title: Project / Procurement Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Recruiter: Denco Energy Services
D E Services with expertise in oil exploration, dredging, marine & offshore solutions, project development to fill the vacant position:
• Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution directives, rules and guidelines, in order to achieve the most cost-effective processes for the organization, leading to both educational and operational excellence.
• Manage the follow up process with international and local suppliers to ensure smooth operation
• Review procurement processes and find better ways of improving it
• Manage and support the process of selecting suppliers of goods and services (bid solicitation, bid evaluation and award of contracts/P.O.S.) for all phases of projects.
• Interface with relevant units as well as Contractors, inspectors, expeditors and freight forwarders to insure orders/contracts are placed and completed on schedule.
• Monitor the contractor procurement function through project completion and turnover, long lead purchase orders/contracts including inspection services, expediting, freight forwarding, shipping and logistics, customs and clearance, taking action as required to ensure project/operational schedules are met.
• Resolve complex delivery, quality or other related problems with manufacturers and suppliers
• Understand and require contractors to meet all applicable environmental and safety standards.
• Plan, coordinate and actively participate in meetings with potential suppliers, contractors and user groups.
• Lead price negotiations, terms and conditions resolution and quality requirements.
• Stay abreast of and evaluate current market conditions and develop new sources of supply as necessary.
• Bachelors degree in relevant field required. MBA or other Advanced degree is a plus
• Minimum of 4 years’ relevant procurement and project management experience in the similar industry
• Must have a thorough knowledge in procurement and good technical and managerial skills
• Experience with local regulators and good knowledge of the local markets
• Familiar with different types of ports in the country
• Must have local and international experience
• Good ability to negotiate with OEM suppliers
• Excellent negotiation skills and communication skills
• Must be analytical, organized and efficient
• Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
Apply to this job