eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
The Product Manager, Data Management Solutions, leads in defining software solutions used by both eHealth Africa and it's customers, covering all aspects of data collection and curation. S/he will oversee the development of software for data collection, survey planning, collection monitoring, personnel tracking, map generation, analysis and reporting. Excellent written and verbal skills are required in order to communicate product vision clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
S/he will provide leadership and motivation for the development team and collaborate with cross-functional teams including:
- New Business Development
- Programs and Impact
- End Users
- UX designers
- Quality Assurance
The Product Manager also performs a variety of project-related technical tasks as directed by the Senior Manager, Product Management.
Keywords: Product Management, GIS, Analysis, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
What you'll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversee all aspects of the development of software/solutions from inception to release
- Communicate product vision to management, stakeholders, customers and development team
- Work with the other Product Managers in order to build solutions that interoperate with the other products being built/deployed by eHA
- Make good choices about when to build new software, reuse existing software or integrate with third-party software/systems
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” across projects
- Documents and validates customer use cases
- Monitors the rate of adoption and customer satisfaction
- Assesses external requirements (e.g. regulatory compliance & partnerships)
- Maintains the master backlog of epics and user stories
- Develops sample applications & product demonstrations
- Develops content for marketing collateral
- Represents eHA at trade shows and conferences
- Provide oral and written progress reports and updates to line managers for oversight.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy
- Support team members in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their cost and performance to discover ways of enhancing capabilities and reducing cost
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings,
- staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.