Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Outreach Coordinator
Refg No: sfh-63475
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The National Outreach Coordinator will lead the planning and execution of outreach actions and activities with government, Civil Society/Community Based Organisations, allies, and partner organisations.
- S/he will lead the implementation of strategic planning, healthy timing, spacing of pregnancy expert for the execution of outreach activities at the state level.
- He/she will also engage with the advocacy unit of the project for community entry and more effectively engage with government and other partners conducting outreach services in Lafiya intervention states.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive costed outreach strategic plan to grow and deepen Lafiya’s relationship with government, Faith-Based and partner organisations including CSOs/CBOs (for FP services)
- Collaborate with Program and Policy teams in the evaluation and improvement of Community Outreach intervention, including the development of internal systems to support the collection and input of data.
- Participate in the identification of capacity gaps of outreach providers and coordinate training and other capacity-building initiatives for Outreach teams in the areas of family planning and other RH issues.
- Provide orientation, coaching and mentoring of CSOs/CBOs in FP service deliver including record keeping and reporting.
- Collaborate with partners and community stakeholders to ensure synergies in the implementation of Community Outreach activities.
- Review FP outreach service materials in line with accepted national and international standards
- Document & disseminate best FP outreach practices.
- Collaborate in sharing of programme knowledge, best practices, and impact of the intervention through various media/ communication channels
- Develop/review tools for data collection, supervision, and referral to the health facility for continuity of service.
- Continually evaluate the operation of team/function to ensure on-going effectiveness and impact of Lafiya project and government’s outreach efforts.
- Participate in the development of social behaviour change materials and activities.