RTI International is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator for a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to strengthen International Health Regulations (2005) capacities of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and support NCDC to address priority areas stipulated in the National Action Plan for Health Security.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Job ID: 20091
The M&E Coordinator has a dual role as follows:
- Lead the design, implementation, and effective use of the project M&E system to help the project team, NCDC and CDC document and achieve the project objectives; and
- Provide technical assistance, training, and mentoring to strengthen capacity of government counterparts to analyze, visualize, and use disease surveillance data.
- This is full-time position in Abuja, Nigeria. The M&E Coordinator reports directly to the RTI Project Director.
- This position has an anticipated initial term of employment of one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of 4 years, based on receiving additional funding from CDC and approval from RTI International.
- Manages the development and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation plan, including collecting indicator data, managing data collection and flow, analyzing results, and reporting results internally.
- Produces monitoring and evaluation presentations, reports and success stories and shares information/feedback with project management to inform decision-making.
- Leads evaluations, assessments and surveys – including survey design, sampling approach, questionnaire design, data collection training and field testing, and data entry.
- Develops methods for ensuring data quality and consistent and timely data collection for the project.
- Stays abreast of CDC Global Health Security (GHS) and Joint External Evaluation and WHO Benchmarks for monitoring and evaluation
- Supports the program by carefully documenting lessons learned
- Builds capacity of counterparts in M&E and data collection and analysis related to disease surveillance.