Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Ref No: L00001
- Reporting to the Head of Laboratory Department, the Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for using laboratory equipment to study and analyze various samples and specimens, to search for abnormalities and determine their causes, while maintaining lab safety protocols and documenting findings in lab systems. The incumbent will collaborate with other lab staff and may work with potentially dangerous viruses and bacteria.
- Some of the duties of the Medical Laboratory Scientist includes performing complex tests on patient samples using sophisticated laboratory equipment, executing standardized tests such as bacteriological, chemical, and microscopic examination. Establishing quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure the accuracy of test results.
- The medical Laboratory Scientist executes a range of standardized microscopic, chemical and bacteriological test including nucleic acid extraction from pathogenic cultures, RT-PCR and qPCR analyses.
- They take part in collecting samples which includes collecting urine, blood and other samples. They also counsel patients on pre-test requirements and answer questions related to testing.
- The Laboratory Scientists also assess the validity of a result that are obtained, preserves proper records of the results and makes a report of results. Make sure that the testing method used follows established quality control procedure and assists with the preparation of laboratory reports.
- Organizes and maintains reagents and equipment's. They perform maintenance on equipment's in the laboratory and keeps laboratory in a clean and organized condition.
- To make use of the laboratory computer systems to place testing data, generate reports of testing results and search for test results for physicians.
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials.
- To maintain and follow Good Laboratory Practices.