Cornerstone Montessori Schools was established in 2005 to cater to the holistic developmental needs of children aged 3 months to 12 years in a purposefully planned and prepared environment. Since its establishment, the school has grown considerably over the years and impacted the lives of thousands of children who have had the opportunity of being a part of the system.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Literacy Teacher
Reports To: The Head Teacher, Departmental Head and Management
- To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages pupils to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Work is performed under the supervision of the Head teacher.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor pupils in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage pupils’ behaviour in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual pupils and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on pupils and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to pupils, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate pupil’s performance and development. Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Must be ICT / technology savvy.
- Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with pupils from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails when classes are not in session.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and pupil organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.