Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty, operating in Nigeria for more than 60 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Advisor (Canadians Only)
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Start Date July - Sepember, 2020
Length of Placement: 6 Months
The Volunteer's Role
- Are you passionate about gender equality and reducing discrimination against women? If so, this might be the role for you!
- As the Gender Advisor you will work closely with the project team to develop the capacity of local partners to support and strengthen women organizations and movements that advance women's rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Apply to this position and help women to find a safe place and help empower them to overcome past experiences.
As a Volunteer, you will:
- Provide technical support for the development of advocacy strategies for the partner organization
- Assess and map gaps in existing knowledge management and learning structures in the organization in line with FIAP-SHARE Action Area 1.
- Work with the partner organization to develop comprehensive processes and systems to create, acquire, capture, share and use knowledge to enable learning.
- Support the partner organization in Gender related program development and fundraising strategies.
- Coach and mentor relevant staff of partner organization on the implementation and delivery of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion initiatives.