The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products' quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. The Group's activities encompass: Cement - Manufacturing / Importing Sugar - Manufacturing & Refining Salt - Refining Flour & Semolina - Milling Pasta - Manufacturing Noodles - Manufacturing Poly Products - Manufacturing Logistics - Port Management and Haulage Real Estate Dangote Foundation Since inception, the Group has experienced phenomenal growth on account of quality of its goods and services, its focus on cost leadership and efficiency of its human capital. Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavour competing with itself to better the past. The Group's core business focus is to provide local, value added products and services that meet the 'basic needs' of the populace. Through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa, the Group is focused on building local manufacturing capacity to generate employment and provide goods for the people.
Job Title: Fire Officer
Fuction / Domain: Health and Safety
Position available for: Both
- Firefighting and Rescue Operations in Hydrocarbon Industry and sustain continuously improve his best performance in fire prevention and fire protection.
- A challenging & key role with the leading Oil Refining Company, where the incumbent will lead and develop the Fire & Rescue emergency team to ensure readiness to respond immediately to Fire, Hydrocarbon and Toxic Gas Release, Vehicle Accidents, Rescue and Fire Loss Control related situations in the Construction Project facilities on a 24/7 basis
- Responds 24 hours per day to all emergency incidents involving control of fire and rescue or other pertinent incidents, supervises all activities at incident sites, investigates all related incidents and prepares reports including findings and recommendations.
- Command and Control of the activities assigned to emergency response teams, including Fire & Rescue.
- Ensures all aspects of emergency preparedness are in place and appropriate for the identified risks, including the use of Pre-Emergency Plans and simulated emergency incident exercise programs.
- Directs and monitors all testing and maintenance to comply with integrity and certification requirements, including fire systems, life support equipment, SCBA, PPE, communication equipment, fire fighting vehicles, fire detection and alarm systems, fire pumps, ring main hydrants, fire water monitors, rim seal foam firefighting systems and equipment.
- Responsible for conducting firefighting & Rescue training of employees, contract workers, vehicle maintenance, foam stocks, PPE, SCBA and other firefighting equipment.