RTI International is seeking a Finance Manager for a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to strengthen International Health Regulations (2005) capacities of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and support NCDC to address priority areas stipulated in the National Action Plan for Health Security.
- We are seeking qualified candidates for an upcoming project in Nigeria. These positions have an anticipated initial term of employment for one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years based upon receiving additional funding from the CDC and approval from RTI. Strong preference for qualified Nigerian Nationals.
- We are seeking a Finance Manager for an upcoming Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to improve public health preparedness and response in Nigeria
- The goal of this 5-year project is to strengthen the existing public health infrastructure to rapidly and effectively respond to disease outbreaks, health threats and public health emergencies of international concern (PHEICs).
- The Finance Manager is responsible for day-to-day financial operations tasks according to RTI and CDC / U.S. government regulations, rules, and procedures. This position will be reporting to the Project Director.
- The Finance Manager will be supported by our Finance team (Regional Controller, two Regional Finance Managers and two Finance Specialists) from our Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- This is a full-time position in Abuja, Nigeria, and has an anticipated initial term of one year with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years subject to additional project funding and RTI approval.
- Illustrative tasks are included in scope of work below, but individual may be assigned additional tasks as required.
The Finance Manager will:
- Preparing and submitting monthly financial statements, expenditure reports, and pipeline estimates.
- Ensuring timely submission of expense reports.
- Supporting documentation of bank reconciliations and wire in transfer requests to corporate headquarters.
- Preparing biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciling cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances, including managing and monitoring the petty cash system.
- Ensuring contractual and financial integrity of project’s procurements.
- Administering payroll and filing appropriate statutory payments and reports.
- Coordinating with project staff in Nigeria and RTI Regional and Home Office support services to ensure all RTI Home Office needs (reporting, financial, administrative, etc. are met.
- Reviewing and ensuring that all expense (consultant, travel, etc.) activities meet the policies and practices of RTI and CDC.