Job Title: Finance and Admin Manager
Company: Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Location: Benue, Gombe, Nigeria
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a Non-Governmental Organization working in Nigeria and specifically intervening in the area of providing relief material to Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), HIV prevention, Health Governance promotion and support to vulnerable Children. JDF is currently seeking the services of qualified individuals to fill in the following vacant position.
Experience: 2 Years
Key responsibilities & duties:
1. Make sure that all petty financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures.
2. Maintain cashbooks and accounts records.
3. Make payments, including preparing payment vouchers.
4. Receive cash, including preparing receipt vouchers.
5. Prepare month end cashbook.
6. Carry out a cash count every two weeks.
7. Monitor cash flow and request top-ups from head office.
8. Ensure that all financial records are properly kept.
9. Prepare an analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
10. Ensure that accounts are received in head office within the second week of each month.
11. Assist in the preparation and review of budgets.
12. Monitor actual expenditure versus budgets.
13. Assist in preparation of financial reports to donors, in liaison with head office.
14. Continue to develop appropriate financial systems and help all staff to understand and work with them.
15. Provide support to the office in all other financial matters.
1. Organize for the purchase and delivery of goods to support the office and its work.
2. Receive and distribute goods in a professional manner (count goods in and out, make sure that paperwork is complete).
3. Oversee the stores.
4. Ensure that all logistics and stores paper work is properly completed and stored (e.g. delivery notes, stock cards).
5. Provide support to the office in all other logistics matters.
1. Maintain all administration files.
2. Re-ensure that all communications are properly referenced and recorded.
3. Make arrangements for meetings and workshops.
4. Maintain and manage a suitable stock of office stationery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
2. Advanced computer skills, including the ability to utilize QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel or any other accounting package, type quickly and to use Microsoft Office products, email, and internet.
3. Ability to operate a scanner/printer machine/photocopying machine.
4. Fluency in English (written & spoken).
5. Ability to travel within Nigeria
Apply to this job