Cedarcrest Hospitals is a modern specialist medical care center located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria.With an aim to provide high standard healthcare services.
Job Title: Facilities Officer
Job Code: #T00004
- Reporting to the Facilities Manager, theFacilities Officer will ensure the coordination or all activities in the hospitals facilities, ensuring that health and safety standards are met, and arranging for repairs and maintenance when needed.
- Duties also include coordinating and liaising with vendors, tracking expenses, invoices and overall vendor management.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for managing the implementation of work spaces, coordinating with the Maintenance team to design, acquire, and install modular furniture for offices and patient rooms. The Facilities coordinates the management of the hospitals off site locations and guest houses, preparing monthly occupancy reports for management.
- Additionally they will coordinate and monitor vendor’s performance through performing building related services and assist management to develop and evaluate plans for facilities executed by vendor
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems (e.g. heating system, alarms, security cameras)
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations
- Restock office and kitchen supplies
- Design and oversee the schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the building
- Monitor activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling
- Fix minor malfunctions in office equipment
- Coordinate office and parking space allocation
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Conduct market research and compare costs and benefits when evaluating new vendors
- Maintain an updated record of invoices from external partners (e.g. suppliers, insurance agents, security guards)
- Research new services and appliances to facilitate operations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Ensures assigned equipment is in proper working order and available for use.
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Receives, manages, and processes work order requests; ensures problems are resolved quickly.
- Acts as liaison between employees and any outside contractors needed to resolve specialized problems.
- Drafts and implements preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment.
- Ensures safety standards are followed throughout facility.
- Participates on emergency preparedness planning team.
- Applies, or assists with application, for required environmental permits.
- Maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.