UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Donor Care Assistant (Face-to- Face)
Category/grade LICA 4
Post Number N/A Type of contract UNOPS/4 Months
Location Lagos, Nigeria Date of Issue 28 May 2020
Effective date of assignment
Private Sector Partnership Service (PSP) sits in UNHCR's Division of External Relations and is responsible for raising resources for the organization from two sources; Individual Giving (general public) and Leadership Giving (Corporations, Foundations and Private Philanthropists). As part of its strategy to reach an income to UNHCR of one billion dollars by 2025, PSP is strategically investing
in new markets. Nigeria is a top economy in Africa, with a growing middle class. Face to Face (F2F) is a major donor acquisition source for non-profits in Nigeria like SOS and Action Aid and has proven to be successful in acquiring committed donors. Lagos has shown potential with the success of these NGO’s. In light of this, PSP Africa intends to conduct F2F tests in Lagos, Nigeria in 2020;
setting up in the last quarter in 2020. PSP Africa is looking for a motivated and results-oriented Donor Care Assistant to support the Individual Giving team in all aspects of fundraising – donor prospecting, volunteer engagement, meetings, cultivation events, background research, and donor acknowledgments. S/he will create processes, reports, analysis and tools that allow the F2F and
PSP Africa Team to have a thorough understanding of their constituency, their prospects, and their work. S/he will report to the Assistant Fund-Raising Officer.
- Contribute to the overall development and implementation of the Private Sector fundraising programme;
- Work to create and implement operational coding for regular monthly giving and Annual Giving.
- Respond to donor requests for information on gifts, certificates, recognition or events via telephone or through correspondence.
- Answering and responding to phones, messages, and emails that require the F2F manager’s response as needed and/or to assist with call overflow.
- Send welcome packets, acknowledgment letters and certificates to donors.
- Generate standardize and ad hoc reporting.
- Research retrieves and disseminates information from the First View to assist in the resolution of donor issues.
- Maintain inventory on brochures, fliers, Annual Giving, and other materials.
- Assist with prompt and accurate processing, acknowledgment and recognition of all gifts, pledges, and payments made to UNHCR.
- Provide support to the F2F Fundraising in Nigeria.
- Professionally receives and manages complaints from donors.
- Engage professionally with donors to upgrade or degrade their donations.
- Ability to pitch and inspire unhappy donors from cancelling their regular monthly/annual donations.
- Other duties as assigned.