nternational Finance Corporation (IFC) a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Officer
Job #: req8027
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC is recruiting a Country Officer who working closely with the Country Manager, will promote and coordinate IFC's investment and advisory activities in the country, ensuring the integrated delivery of IFC products and services and maintaining necessary relationships to further those activities.
- The role requires close interaction with government officials, corporate clients, the private sector, counterparts in the World Bank Group, international organizations, and key internal stakeholders to develop new business, share information, and support the structuring and negotiation of deals.
- The position is based in Lagos and reports to the Country Manager.
- Actively develop and maintain strong relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community around the country. Represent IFC vis-a-vis the Government (federal and state level), donor and business community. Ensure that the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s products and value addition, including investment and advisory products and the standards and requirements.
- In cooperation with regional management and the strategy teams, support development and execution of the IFC country strategy and WBG Country Partnership Framework. Report on IFC activities in the country for management.
- Execute the sub-national engagement strategy through active engagement with state level contacts in government and private sector.
- Develop partnership with WB Country Office and relevant project teams to achieve WBG country goals, including input on Private Sector Development. Identify and encourage opportunities for cooperation within WBG.
- Support business development for investment projects, engage in project financial analysis with investment teams as an integral member for investment and support portfolio teams for the life of the project. Participate in missions, concept review meetings, and appraisal of projects.
- Support the advisory teams to monitor progress and performance of projects and to solve potential problems. Lead technical, legal, regulatory, financial and commercial assessment of advisory transactions. Support business development for upstream and advisory projects.
- Identify and help address sponsor reputational risks.
- Support the Public Private Partnerships Department which provides advisory assistance, primarily to governments, on Private-Sector Participation (PPP) in infrastructure and other public services. Identify PPP opportunities and participate on project teams to execute PPP transactions.