Job Title: Manager, Consumer Research
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Etisalat Nigeria
Job Summary: Manage all primary and secondary research activities to deliver market insights for effective decision-making.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Plan and monitor tactical studies related to brand health checks, market segmentation, customer satisfaction studies, mystery shopping, network quality check, retail audits and other ad-hoc studies.
• Prepare and implement an annual research plan aimed at conducting market research activities to provide accurate and timely information on consumer trends/patterns/preferences.
• Set research guidelines in compliance with tested leading practices.
• Define the research methodologies and instruments to be used for each research project.
• Review questionnaires, moderator guides and other research tools and ensure compliance with tested leading practices.
• Conduct spot checks on all field research projects (especially those conducted by third-party market research companies) to validate findings and ensure data integrity.
• Review proposals and conduct selection of third-party market research companies.
• Liaise with research agencies and ensure proper communication of survey objectives to them.
• Interpret research findings and distil key highlights from survey results. Present research findings to user departments/divisions/units as required.
• Conduct regular reviews of all data sources and suppliers to ensure quality control.
• Provide clear direction, set targets, prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities to each member of the Etisalat market research team.
• Assist in implementing the unit?s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
• Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
• Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
• Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates? performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Commercial Planning.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Commercial Planning.
• First degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline.
• Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies: Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
Apply to this job