Job Title: Cluster Communications Head
Job ID: 293524BR
Business Unit: AMAC
Functional Area: Communications & Public Affairs
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
- Develop and lead the implementation of a “One Novartis” Communications program for the Cluster, ensuring alignment with the SSA Communications program and strategy.
- Lead and build the communications strategy and capabilities for the Cluster; to anticipate and manage risk to Novartis reputation; advise Cluster Leadership Team (LT) of reputational risk associated with specific activity.
- Lead the successful implementation of all external and/or internal communications activities in key projects and programs for the Cluster.
- Develop and implement internal and/or external communications activities in key projects and programs for the Cluster.
- Provide expertise in a broad knowledge of several diverse areas (Internal Communications, Media Relations, Social Media, Corporate Affairs, Stakeholder Engagement).
- Counsel Cluster LT (and other key leaders) in all aspects of communications, select media spokespeople, conduct media training, and develop communications messages around key programs and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders such as media, patient groups and patients, etc. and ensure consistency of Novartis brand and market position in all communications.
- Build, monitor and evaluate the performance of the Communication function in the Cluster, to achieve and maintain best-in-class performance, while being fully consistent with the evolving legal, regulatory and compliance environment.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of global communication policies and procedures in all countries in the Cluster.
- Ensure full adherence to P3 principles and ethical behaviours
- Role model ethical behaviours, exercise good judgement and principles-based decision-making
- Create a trust-based environment that motivates associates to do their best
- Represent the Communications function in key meetings and events
- Represent Novartis in relevant external associations, conferences, meetings etc. to advocate and build Novartis Africa brand across the Cluster
- Represent Communications the Cluster LT Meetings and all relevant internal and external meetings, boards, events, etc.
- Leadership within the Cluster LT: Influence across the business and beyond the Communications function, by sharing best practices, expertise and experience to shape Cluster strategy, innovation and initiatives