Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Job Title: Admin/Procurement Officers
Job ID: 13-11029
Location: Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nassarawa
No of Positions: 4
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 - PMI - S
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager.
President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020. PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara.
MSH seeks to recruit Admin/Procurement Officers for Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nassarawa States. The role of the Admin/Procurement Officer is to provide admin support and procure goods and services in compliance with MSH/Donor procurements policies and procedures. S/he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations. Once the purchase order has been completed, the Procurement Specialist will follow up to assure delivery. She/he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner. Assists expatriate staff with resident visas, also assists project staff with visa processing (where applicable). S/he is responsible for supervision of all drivers and provides transportation services to staff and TDYers.
- Arrange hotel for Nigerian staff, participants, consultants who are coming to the state for assignments.
- Arrange hotel for TDY staff coming to assist Nigeria teams.
- Assist staff in obtaining visas for international travel (Where Applicable).
- Assist in making international and local travel arrangements.
- Arrange for telephones and internet modems for TDY and new staff, as the case may be.
- Provide assistance and follow up to Expats and TCNs on obtaining Nigerian resident VISAS (where applicable).
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- All aspects of fleet management (fueling, repair/maintenance, log books, reporting, )
- Facilitate the preparation of procurement plan
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Tracks all PRs, for both local purchases and those requested through Cambridge
- Determines price reasonableness
- Responsible for collection and analysis of proforma invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval;
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed;
- Handles field office purchases when required;
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the donor and MSH;
- Assures delivery or pickup of PO for collection of goods;
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor;
- Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods;
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Does quarterly or 6 month reviews of preapproved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Capacity Building of Team.
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Inform supervisor immediately if asked to compromise integrity by any vendor or other.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. They are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.