Promasidor was founded in 1979 by Robert Rose, who left the United Kingdom in 1957 for Zimbabwe to pursue his African dream. As Chairman of Allied Lyons Africa for over 20 years, he travelled extensively across Africa and gained a unique and thorough knowledge of the food industry throughout the continent. In particular he noticed a lack of availability of the one highly nutritious product that the developed world takes for granted - milk. He realised that with technology in the manufacture of milk powders advancing rapidly, there was an exciting opportunity to provide milk powder in small portions that could be packaged in flexible sachets. It was found that removing the animal fat from the milk and replacing it with vegetable fat allowed for a longer shelf life. This meant that for the first time, milk powder could be distributed across the vast African continent, providing access to affordable milk to everyone in Africa. A passionate belief in this vision fuelled the pioneering concept of selling filled milk powder in small sachets and Promasidor began selling the Cowbell brand in the Democratic Republic of Congo (then Zaire) in 1979. Today Cowbell is sold in the majority of countries across the African continent.
Job Title: Account and Admin Officer
Job Purpose / Objectives
- The Accounts and Admin Officer will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized by either accounting or administrative support including posting the daily receipts, preparing deposits, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
- Administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained. Administrative duties also include developing and maintaining administrative systems and performing clerical duties.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounting such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements.
- Posting and recognition of all transactions into NAV
- Submission of monthly reports to in line with agreed reporting calendar
- Enters, verifies and reconciles transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
- Manages payroll and remittance to all statutory bodies.
- Compiles budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets; Supports budget management with GM.
- Prepares period or cost statements or reports for General Manager.
- Calculates costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists.
- Stays current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- Handles all accounts payable and receivable responsibilities.
- Handles general account queries and transactions.
- Contact clients on payment status.
- Respond to queries or clarification requests.
- Ensures good house-keeping and janitorial work within the farm and the offices
- Ensures compliance with cleaning schedules; Monitors the activities of cleaning staffs
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
- Maintain and update company databases
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Answer queries by employees and clients
- Update office policies as needed
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Schedule in-house and external events
- Ensures that all necessary working tools are available
- Ensures an up to date inventory of all spare keys
- Ensures regular preventive maintenance and repairs of machines within the office facility.
- Manage subscription payments for the office.