Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trust Officer
Zip/Postal Code: 100001
Job Type: Full time
Industry: Financial Services
- The holder is responsible to ensure trust mandates and transactions are properly structured and executed (as well as supervising continuing obligations) to achieve desired objectives and outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility of structuring bespoke solutions to meet clients/prospect transfer needs
- Day to day administration of clients Trust Plans and providing required service support
- Provide support to Business developers in the creation, implementation of trust products/services
- Assist with business pitches and capabilities presentations and liaising with external solicitors as required
- Follow up on management of relationship with Trust clients – e.g. discussions with Asset managers, estate agents, insurance companies, receipt of certificates, dividend warrants etc.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and corporate governance adherence
- Provision of Company Secretarial service and attending client meetings
- Preparation and review of legal agreements and other documentation
- Conducting legal due diligence, as required whilst also providing legal structuring and general advice
- Researching general legal issues relating to Trust services mandates
- Ensuring that all statutory filings are carried out in a timely manner. (i.e., filing of annual returns, renewal of registration with SEC etc.)
- Ensuring that the Unit has up to date library of laws/regulations that affect our business.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of the Unit with regards to promoting Corporate Governance issues (i.e., ethical/best business practices) and Know Your Customer obligations (i.e., in the absence of the Risk Management Unit), etc. within the Company.
- Have primary responsibility for developing and implementing Commercial Trust mandates.
- Engage in researching Trust issues & preparation of relevant newsletters or articles
- Supervise junior staff within the unit and any other duties as may be assigned