FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Owerri, Imo
- FINCA Nigeria is recruiting an experienced, motivated with knowledgeable background for Technical Support Engineer Position.
- The position reports directly to the Systems & Network Administrator or as may be assigned, and is responsible to provide technical support of User, computers and peripheral devices in FINCA Nigeria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line of support to users of the network.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions
- Identify and resolve all hardware, Network Operating System, Operating System, and LAN, MAN, WAN related issues.
- Set up and maintain security measures on the network, including the setting up of passwords and provision of access privileges to users.
- Ensure the security and safety of corporate databases against viruses, hackers and intruders
- Set up, install and configure all IT related equipment and accessories
- Arrange for regular servicing and maintenance of networking equipment.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and vendors to ensure that all IT related equipment and network operating systems operate to specifications
- Maintain servers, routers, switches, workstations, stand-alone PCs and miscellaneous supporting devices and OS software.
- Maintain an inventory of all Network related equipment showing the physical location, the user, a clear description, the speed and capacity of the equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the disaster recovery site and ensure business continuity in times of crisis.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with other departments and users to resolve user problems.
- Carry out installation on in branches and Head office.
- Maintain all the registers and logs pertaining to your job functions
- Update procedures and manuals relating to the job function
- Undertake any other assignment related to information systems technology as may be assigned by the Head of department.