Job Title: Technical Officer, Laboratory Services
Req ID: 14194
Location: Garki, Area 3, FCT Abuja, Nigeria
Job Sector: Health
Employer: FHI 360 / FHI Nigeria
Sector: Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
• FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
• Liaise with the Senior Technical Officer to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for FHI 360 Nigeria programs.
• Provide technical support related to the laboratory services and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment program.
• Provide technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services to FHI 360 and facility staff.
• Provide technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues at the Country office level.
• Coordinate the inventory management along with AXIOS to ensure adequate stock and quality data capture in the DHIS.
• Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and liaise with Associate Director, Laboratory and SLO to apply these lessons and modify existing program.
• Represent FHI 360 on issues of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS at the CO level.
• Remain informed on current programs in the field of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and related development fields by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities as outlined by the technical supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BSc in Laboratory sciences or related field with 5-7 years post NYSC experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
• Or Master degree in Laboratory sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
• Proven ability and track record of implementation of Quality Assurance and Quality Control in a laboratory setting is a must.
• Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development organization preferred.
• Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
• Expertise in hematology, TB and blood safety issues will be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Apply to this job