Job Title: Research Supervisor (2 year renewable contract)
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Employer: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Research Supervisor at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Position / Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Preparation of Maize Seed
• Processing and storage of maize seeds
• Planting of maize seed and data collection
• Supervision of field activities
• Maintenance of maize cold store
• Pollination of maize on the field
• Harvesting of maize trials
• Distribution of labour and allocation of daily responsibilities
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• BSc / HND in Plant Breeding , Agronomy or any related discipline
• Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience on a similar role
• Good skills in MS Office and general knowledge of computer
The ideal candidate must:
• Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
• Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
• Be available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary.
Remuneration: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Apply to this job