Job Title: Research Associate (2 year renewable contract)
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Employer: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Research Associateat the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Position / Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Production of breeder seed of selected early, extra-early and intermediate parental inbreds, hybrids, and open-pollinated varieties.
• Provision of seed to NARS and Seed Companies of seven WASP countries.
• Supervision of on-station trials
• Conduct and management of maize field trials.
• Direct supervision of staff and activities of the CORAF-WASP project
• Collation and analyses of data from field experiments
• Preparation of work plans and progress reports of the WASP Project
• Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• MSC in Plant Breeding , Agronomy any related discipline
• Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience on a similar role
• Good skills in MS Office and general knowledge of computer
The ideal candidate must:
• Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
• Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
• Be available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary
Remuneration: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Apply to this job