Job Title: R&D Assistant Manager N&H
Job Number: 14000BNU
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Shift: Day Job
Employer: Unilever Nigeria Plc
• Expert in Nutrition & Health management:
• Contributes to growth by driving Nutrition & Health (N&H) for brands, categories and corporate. Based on local market insights manages N&H risks and opportunities wrt portfolio and claims and deploys centrally developed N&H communication packages / initiatives.
• Understand brand / category strategy and N&H environment (policies, consumers, markets, competitors, health influencers) and share these with GDC or RDC to identify nutrition and health opportunities (key cells).
• Contribute to the claims co-generation process by identifying risk / opportunities and sharing these in early stages with the GDC / RDC.
• Proactively manage associated risks of centrally agreed claims by creating a local support for our claims, preparing spokespeople to deal with external Qs and by monitoring issues and timely involving relevant stakeholders.
• Deploying centrally developed N&H communication approach and materials for both “health influencers” (experts, health care professionals, NGOs, GOs, media, social networks and customers) and consumers aimed at influencing local consumer behaviour to create demand for Unilever products in an effective way.
• Accountable for N&H soundness of related local communications for health influencers, media and consumers.
• Champion USLP Health & Wellbeing commitments by driving quality of nutritional data in our databases, monitoring portfolio status and identifying and flagging issues and opportunities.
• The above mentioned accountabilities apply also for local jewels, but country N&H manager is responsible for design and clearance of N&H claims and communication materials.
• Leverage expertise, best practice and learning across countries and brands via relevant networks (e.g. Unilever Nutrition Network)
• Ensure sufficient quality of resource in the countries responsible for (depending on WL)
Relevant Experience Required:
• 3 years of relevant working experience in a relevant discipline such as R&D, nutrition & health in FMCG, (public health) communication, science PR
Apply to this job