Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Sector: Procurement Consultancy
- The Procurement and Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall design and management of an effective procurement process for the basic nutrition package project in one of the states where Crown Agents will be implementing the ANRiN programme.
- Management of the effective procurement process, such as PR, PO, Tender/Bid, Contract process
- Responsible for supply chain management of nutrition-related products and birth spacing commodities, supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Management of medical drug logistics in line with the needs of the programme
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies
- Work closely with the state programme team to understand their procurement and logistic needs
- Work with the project lead to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries
- Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable
- Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
- Plan, source (directly or via donor/CA procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled
- Regularly collect, collate and analyse value for money parameters and recommend areas of efficiency gains for Crown Agents
- Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organisation
- Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organisational and donor policies.