MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Network Security Engineer will be responsible to install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Performing both internal and external security audits
- Analyzing security breaches to identify the root cause
- Monitor computer networks for security access issues.
- Stay current on IT security trends, standards, and news
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Conducting security assessments through vulnerability testing and risk analysis
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Continuously updating the company’s incident response and disaster recovery plans
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Verifying the security of third-party vendors and collaborating with them to meet security requirements.