We are Africa’s premier Agribusiness company solving problems in agriculture and ensuring food availability through efficient farming and food production methods, thereby raising agribusiness models.
raising agribusiness models.
Job Title: Manager, Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 - 8 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of an organisation's finance department. Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
- Heading up the Finance Department of the Nigerian Subsidiary.
- Working with the General Manager in running the business unit from a regulatory and an operational (Sales and Marketing, Finance, IT, Procurement) point of view.
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department.
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning.
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis.
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk.
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date.
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department.
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department.
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.