The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products' quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. The Group's activities encompass: Cement - Manufacturing / Importing Sugar - Manufacturing & Refining Salt - Refining Flour & Semolina - Milling Pasta - Manufacturing Noodles - Manufacturing Poly Products - Manufacturing Logistics - Port Management and Haulage Real Estate Dangote Foundation Since inception, the Group has experienced phenomenal growth on account of quality of its goods and services, its focus on cost leadership and efficiency of its human capital. Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavour competing with itself to better the past. The Group's core business focus is to provide local, value added products and services that meet the 'basic needs' of the populace. Through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa, the Group is focused on building local manufacturing capacity to generate employment and provide goods for the people.
Job Title: HSE Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Safety and Environment / HSE
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 3 Openings
- To monitor site implementation of DIL’s policies, programs, and initiatives related to H&S systems; including performance of the work necessary to ensure adherence to safety regulations, completion of safety training, and attainment of business values and objectives.
- Ensure compliance of site operations with DIL’s HSSE policies and standards as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participate in internal risk assessment processes.
- Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery and equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure compliance with safety regulation and DIL’s policies and standards.
- Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviours and coach employees on the correct behaviours.
- Record Unsafe Acts / fe Acts / Unsafe Conditions, incidents, accidents and audits findings.
- Participate to accidents and incidents investigations.
- Continuously engage with mine staff on Health and Safety, i.e Tool Box Talks, inspection reporting, weekly reporting, site management reviews, etc..
- Coordinate actively with other departments to improve work conditions according to DIL’s polices and standards.
- Accompany and engage Federal and State Regulators / Inspectors during compliance monitoring visits to the mine.
- Participate in HSE related meetings; safety awareness campaigns and external HSE audits.
- Compile, analyse and interpret accident statistical data, and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical and biological work hazards.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the HSE Manager.