The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products' quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. The Group's activities encompass: Cement - Manufacturing / Importing Sugar - Manufacturing & Refining Salt - Refining Flour & Semolina - Milling Pasta - Manufacturing Noodles - Manufacturing Poly Products - Manufacturing Logistics - Port Management and Haulage Real Estate Dangote Foundation Since inception, the Group has experienced phenomenal growth on account of quality of its goods and services, its focus on cost leadership and efficiency of its human capital. Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavour competing with itself to better the past. The Group's core business focus is to provide local, value added products and services that meet the 'basic needs' of the populace. Through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa, the Group is focused on building local manufacturing capacity to generate employment and provide goods for the people.
Job Title: HSE Manager, Mines
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 12 years
Job Field: Safety and Environment / HSE
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 3 Openings
- To support the Mine Management team to prevent and/or control HSE impacts and risks associated with mine operations.
- Monitor changes in HSE legislation and report these changes to Mines management.
- Manage the HSE Department to ensure appropriate business plans are developed, implemented, measured, reviewed and reported on.
- Provide leadership and technical support to the HSE Department;
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders such as Management team, direct reports, community leaders, environmental department, government officials and DIL’s HSSE department
- Define HSE targets and relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs and monitor changes in achieving targets.
- Review capital / budgetary requirements for HSE interventions, to meet long term objectives of the Company.
- Provide leadership necessary to ensure that employees and any contractors adhere to DIL’s HSE Policies and Standards.
- Provide support and advisory to Mines Management on HSE related issues.
- Actively contribute to HSE policy and new initiatives and implement change as directed by Mines Director.
- Assist in identifying training needs and provide relevant training interventions.
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to all HSE department employees.
- Mentor line management to enable them to take accountability for HSE issues in their area of responsibility
- Develop and implement HSE audit programs
- Carry out analysis of accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans
- Research and share relevant information with stakeholders on global best practice.
- Contribute to the embedding of a culture of compliance and ethical behavior in Mines/Quarry operations.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate HSE management system procedures and update them in line with changes in regulations and business objectives.
- Monitor compliance reviews, general risk assessments and any other safety assessments