Job Title: Fundraising Advisor
Company: Cuso International
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Location: Cross River, Nigeria
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Cuso International is an international development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of skilled volunteers. Each year, we place volunteers from North and South America in developing countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Volunteers collaborate with local partners on health, education, environment, social justice and livelihoods projects, sharing knowledge and experience to create sustainable change.
The volunteer’s role: – Girl’s Power Initiative Objectives are subdivided into four levels:
INDIVIDUAL LEVEL: To empower young girls as social change agents through entrepreneurial skills building to reduce poverty, provision of information on reproductive health and human rights to reduce unplanned pregnancies, unsafe abortions, STIs, HIV/AIDS, violence against girls and women and sexual abuse.
SOCIAL NETWORK LEVEL: At the level of the parents, other family members, and peers to strengthen positive relationships among girls and immediate social relations to provide the necessary support for their positive growth, development and wellbeing.
COMMUNITY LEVEL: Direct and indirect interventions aimed at creating new and broader enabling environment and opportunities for girls’ action towards changing discriminatory practices, beliefs and policies that put girls and women at risk and perpetuate poverty, and create awareness on health challenges faced by girls and women for necessary action.
INSTITUTIONAL LEVEL: This is focused on creating changes through activities and advocacy for policy changes that impact systemic practices and norms that affect girls, women and their communities.
The volunteer will be asked to complete the following tasks:
• Lead the identification of and approaches foundations and trusts that have not previously supported the work of GPI.
• Guide the writing of proposals for funding from foundations supporting the work that GPI does with Nigeria and elsewhere.
• Assist identified staff to develop core generic trust proposals for each programme that requires funding.
Conduct an initial capacity assessment of organisation to pursuie Cuso International volunteer activities.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
• A degree in public relations, communication, marketing or related social science field
Essential Professional Background/Competencies:
• At least 3 years related work experience in non-governmental organizations, development agencies, hospitals, community based organisations and charity organisations
Desirable Academic Qualifications:
• A master’s degree in business administration.
Training and financial support: – Our training and support package covers the costs of being an overseas volunteer, allowing you to enjoy a modest but healthy lifestyle while you volunteer abroad. This includes:
• Attendance at a Cuso International assessment day (candidates must cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs)
• Travel and accommodation costs associated with pre-departure training
• Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency)
• Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and comprehensive health insurance
• Accommodation while overseas
• A modest living allowance, which varies depending on the country where you are placed
• Quarterly payments to support you in your placement
• Modest support for accompanying partners
• For placements requiring Spanish language, substantive in-country language training is provided for those who already have intermediate knowledge.
Apply to this job