Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
Job Title: Director of Strategic Information (DSI)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop project-research protocols and investigation materials in accordance with ethical standards and interfaces with the relevant Ethics committee/agency.
- Lead the team in the planning and implementation of formative research, target audience analysis, mid-term reviews, evaluations and behavioural surveillance surveys, special studies and evaluation research in support of ICHSSA 3 programme objectives
- Identify sub-project monitoring, research and evaluation; and training requirements.
- Coordinate staff on the project to develop and submit abstracts/journals to international conferences and journals
- Monitor compliance with project M&E framework including overseeing reporting of data from the field office to ensure timeliness, completeness and quality.
- Develop methods for data quality assurance and support the conduct of data quality audits.
- Build the capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators and use of such information for programme implementation.
- Develop and oversees data flow pattern for the Project and ensure timely data collection, reporting and use
- Coordinate and ensure timely data entry into DHIS by project staff.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports SI reports using reports submitted from the field office. Synthesise and communicate main findings and conclusions for decision making
- Lead the team (CBOs and staff) in the design, administration, and data analysis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation with a focus on project impact especially those related to OVC interventions and programmes.
- Build capacity of SFH ICHSSA 3project teams in the use of data collection tools and data management best practices through training and mentoring.
- Work with the project finance team to prepare work-plans and budgets and track the progress of SI activities and budgets
- Development of all research, SI based budget and ensure that all program activities occur within the budget.