MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers. Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
Job Title: Data Centre Design Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 6 years
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 6
- The Data Centre Design Specialist (DCDS) will be responsible for specifications and designs of Data Centres and allied infrastructure, managing technical engagements with vendors and customers as well as ensuring projects are deliver000000000000000000000000000ed according to the approved standards and costs.
Other specific responsibilities include to:
- Research technical data pertaining to all infrastructure deployment and specifications, ensuring the most cost-effective products/equipment are designed.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish data center design criteria, develop basis of design, establish installation strategy, and lead internal technical scope reviews based on design requirements.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to perform design reviews on data center and other infrastructure projects, ensuring all designs meet the specified criteria and standards.
- Lead and manage the Design Build contractor to ensure projects meet the business and technical needs defined in the design scope document.
- Provide construction administrative support to the Project Manager during construction. Tasks may include but will not be limited to, responding to RFI’s, issuance of technical bulletins, review submittals and shop-drawings.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) at vendor factories and coordinate the data center construction & commissioning process.
- Ability to dimension correctly and design the data center facilities infrastructure which include utility and clean power systems, power distribution systems, rack power systems, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, cable management systems, etc.
- Keep track of installations and ensure alignment with approved scope and design drawings design.
- Coordinate concept designs and development of projects & infrastructure for the Capital Projects Team or as may be required within the organization.
- Ensure quality of materials conform to approved specifications and regulations and supervising test of materials when required.
- Ensure that all assigned work carried out complies with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards
- Responsible for safe keeping and easy retrieval of printed design documents and any additional project supervision and tasks as may be assigned from time to time.