Job Title: Crop Manager
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Employer: SARO Africa
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Crop Manager is responsible for the ideation and coordination of activities aimed at entrenching the company’s products targeted at a specific group of Crops under his purview i.e. his/her Mandate Crops.
• The incumbent will Setup, Lead and Train a team of Saro Extension Agents who will work with Farmers of the mandate crops at the farm level to ensure an experiential introduction of the relevant Products, Processes and Knowledge to the farmers which will lead to Trial, Adoption and the achievement of the Sales Targets for these products.
• The incumbent will also lead the company’s collaborative activities with relevant CPP R&D Companies, Suppliers of Complementary Products, Multi-lateral Aid Agencies, NGO, and Governmental Agencies who have ongoing engagement programs with farmers of his/her mandate crops within his territory.
SPECIAL SKILLS & KEY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCES:
• Great interest in Agric Development
• Technically sound
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to speak Hausa will be an advantage.
• Willing and ready to work anywhere
• Initiative: Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• Integrity: Being honest and ethical
• Leadership: Willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction
COURSES/QUALIFICATION: Bsc in Agronomy or related course with interest in Farmers engagement program.
REQUIRED AGE: 24 – 30
Apply to this job