Job Title: Corporate Lawyer/Legal Adviser
Company: Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Law / Legal
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is soliciting for individuals to fill job vacancies for a 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) 2 Project in Its Abuja Office. WEWE is a local NGO with its head office in Abuja, FCT. WEWE is earnestly looking for individuals who are highly skilled, intelligent, hardworking and exceptional in their field. WEWE is currently soliciting individuals who have a calling on their lives to help widows and orphans, and have a passion for helping vulnerable children. Likewise, WEWE is interested in individuals who are ready to join the WEWE family to help WEWE in partnership with USAID achieve its project vision ‘To make Anambra, Imo, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers State the best place to live in Nigeria for over 340,000 vulnerable children and 68,000 vulnerable households.
WEWE is a local NGO that is looking for outstanding, talented and highly skilled individuals who rank top in their field and have significant prize winning achievements, won merit awards, or have been awarded the best student/employees in their organization with documented evidence to prove this.
Main Responsibilities: – To carry out registration activities with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Abuja in line with the Nigerian Companies Allies and Matters (CAMA) decree No1 1990 Act CAP. The corporate affairs lawyer will work to conduct registration for predominantly incorporated trustees and limited by guarantee companies. The lawyer will be responsible for conducting name availability search, drafting constitutions, filing applications for registrations and filing annual returns. The corporate lawyer will also write proposals and follow up on new business development meetings.
• Register Companies (predominantly incorporated trustees and limited by guarantee companies) for clients.
• Vet Company contracts to protect client interests.
• Provide legal advice on NGO registration issues.
• Take part in drafting Executive Board resolutions.
• Perform all other assigned legal related activities.
• 2.1 (Second Class Upper) LL.B and B.L in Law from a reputable University. LL.M will be added advantage.
1. Must have a law degree – WEWE prefers the candidate to have a 2.1
2. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a corporate law firm.
3. Must have knowledge in corporate law, contract law, labor law, tax law and intellectual property.
4. Experience in reviewing, executing business contracts and giving legal advice.
5. Familiarity with the current Cooperate Affairs Commission (CAC) policies and guidelines is crucial.
6. Up-to-date knowledge on company/NGO registration and legislation in Nigeria.
7. Sound drafting skills and exceptional accuracy.
8. Strong strategic and analytical thinker.
9. Excellent communication skills and engaging personality.
10. Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
11. Proficient in the use of computer especially MS word and Excel.
Critical Competencies: – Excellent writing skills with little or no review needed. – Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. – Analytic Thinking. – Company/NGO registration experience.
Apply to this job