Pivotage Consulting - Our client is a full service law firm which has been in existence for over 30 years, whose clients range from local and multinational companies, banks, oil and gas companies, manufacturing conglomerates, shipping companies to foreign embassies, international airlines, regulatory bodies, chambers of commerce, telecommunication companies and many others.
They are looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate and Commercial Lawyer
Ref Id: CCY/134/GO
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: CEO.
Remuneration: Open to Negotiation
Type: Full Time
- Advising, drafting and negotiating major commercial agreements, including regulated procurement activities, either alone or as part of a team.
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partnerТs approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.