Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core. We provide services for ex-pat community as well.
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team in the position below:
Job Title: Cook (Continental and National)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Admin/ Customer Service Lead
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure food is prepared as required
- Ensure meals are prepared on time and properly presented
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared and keep records of stock on a daily basis.
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, freezers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Portion, arrange, garnish food, and serve food to patients
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager